2023 Santa Cruz Highball 3.1 CC 29" X01 AXS RSV
Wide open, dawn to dusk.
The Highball is our flagship carbon hardtail race thoroughbred, and a dark horse in XC versatility.
More capable than a pure endurance bike, more composed than most XC race-rigs, the Highball has evolved to be easier to ride harder for longer. We fine-tuned the carbon layup process and the low-angle, bridgeless seatstays join the seat tube below the top tube junction in order to curb trail chatter.
Built around a 27.2mm diameter seat post, the whole package combines to take the “hard” out of hardtail riding. It has the mindset of a race bike but it’s prepared for more. With capacity for three bottle cages, the ever-reliable threaded BB and, of course, the lifetime warranty that comes standard with all Santa Cruz bikes, it’s the kind of bike that’ll go far.
- Kit - X01 AXS RSV
- Price - $8649USD
- Weight - 9.77kg / 21.53lbs
- Material - Carbon CC
- Fork - RockShox Sid SL Ultimate, 100mm, 29" w/Remote
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM X01 Eagle AXS, 12spd
- Shifters - RockShox Reverb AXS Controller
- Crankset - SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon 148 DUB 34T (170mm S, 175mm M-XL)
- Cassette - SRAM XG1295 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Front Derailleur - SRAM OneLoc
- Chain - SRAM X01 Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Brakes - SRAM Level TLM
- Brake Rotors - SRAM CLX Center Lock 160mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - Santa Cruz Bicycles Carbon Flat Bar
- Stem - Syntace LiteForce
- Grips - ESI Chunky Grips
- Front Hub - Industry Nine 1/1, 110x15, Centerlock, 24h
- Rear Hub - Industry Nine 1/1, 148x12, XD, Centerlock, 24h
- Rims - Reserve 28 XC 29" Carbon Rims
- Front Tire - Maxxis Rekon Race 29"x2.35", EXO, TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Rekon Race 29"x2.35", EXO, TR
- Tubes - Reserve Tubeless Sealant
- Seat Post - Rockshox Reverb AXS Xplr, 27.2
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Team Saddle