2023 Santa Cruz Chameleon R-kit MX XL Glossy Navy
The Chameleon is a blank canvas, ready to go in whatever direction your imagination takes it. Creativity in wheel size, gearing and component choice make it the perfect muse for freethinkers and freedom seekers alike.
We made the Chameleon for riders who like to sculpt their ideal bike, and aren’t afraid to experiment. Whether 29er or mixed, geared or fixed, multiple major configuration transformations are made easy via the interchangeable dropouts. The low slung top tube and progressive geometry means this bike blends into whatever surroundings you place it. From raucous short-cuts across town to skipping the city altogether. It turns itself to trail exploration with the flip of an Allen key, thanks to the triple-bolt cargo cage mount under the downtube and standard bottle mount within the frame.
Whatever the weather, however long the ride, wherever you're going, the Chameleon is so endlessly customizable and adjustable that the only constraint is really your own mind and motivation.
- Kit - R MX
- Price - $3199USD
- Weight - 13.21kg / 29.12lbs
- Fork - FOX Rhythm 34, 130mm, 29"
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters - SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset - SRAM Descendant Eagle 148 DUB 32t
- Cassette - SRAM PG1230, 12spd, 11-50t
- Chain - SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Brakes - SRAM Guide T
- Brake Rotors - Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars - Burgtec Alloy Bar
- Stem - Burgtec Enduro MK3
- Grips - Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnaar
- Front Hub - SRAM MTH 716, 15x110, 32h
- Rear Hub - SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h
- Rims - RaceFace AR Offset 30 29" (f) /27.5" (r) Rims
- Spokes - Sapim Race
- Front Tire - Maxxis Minion DHF 29"x2.5, 3C, MaxxGrip, EXO, TR
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Aggressor, 27.5"x2.5WT, EXO, TR
- Tubes - Stan's Sealant
- Seat Post - SDG Tellis Dropper, 31.6
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Race Saddle or WTB Volt